The Division of Real Estate (Division) is releasing the second installment in a series of appraiser licensee advisories designed to achieve better compliance with:
- the Colorado Real Estate Appraiser Licensing Act,
- the Board of Real Estate Appraiser’s administrative rules, and
- the Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice (USPAP).
This series of advisories has been developed from the Division’s review of work products from investigation and licensure applications, and are designed to provide a quick and easy-to-follow format that addresses the most common appraisal issues and frequently violated rules seen by the Division.
Scope of Work Rule
In this second installment of a four-part advisory series, licensees will learn how to be compliant with the “Scope of Work Rule.” This advisory will assist licensees in identifying:
- the necessary elements of the appraisal assignment as per USPAP,
- what is acceptable to produce credible results,
- limiting conditions and disclosures, and
- common issues encountered when developing assignment results.
Take 5 minutes to review the advisory below so that you can be compliant in your appraisal practice and avoid any violations and discipline for failing to comply with the Scope of Work Rule.