Division of Real Estate HOA Registration
In addition to the annual Secretary of State Registration, HOAs are required to register annually with the Colorado Division of Real Estate. An HOA that fails to register timely, renew or pay the required fee may be precluded from imposing or enforcing a lien for assessments.
The Colorado Common Interest Ownership Act (CCIOA),mandates that all common interest communities register with the HOA Information and Resource Center, including those which were created before July 1, 1992. Every HOA must renew their registration annually, providing an HOA the ability to enforce assessments and CC&Rs, per section 38-33.3-401 of CCIOA
All associations are required to register, however only those with annual revenue greater than $5,000 are required to pay a registration fee.
- The HOA Initial Registration Fee is $30. (This fee applies to any HOA registering for the first time.)
- The HOA Renewal Fee is $33. (This applies to any HOA that has been previously registered with the Division.)
- All fees are nonrefundable
HOA Registration Troubleshooting & Resources
You have 90 days to update the HOA's account with your information.
- Log into the HOA account
- Select “Online services” in the upper right corner and click on “Add / Remove Designated Agent” under Employment / License Status Updates.
- Select “Start”.
- Click the Edit icon () to remove an existing Designated Agent.
- Select “Inactive” to remove the existing Designated Agent.
- Select “ok”
- Select the blue “Add” button to identify the new Designated Agent.
- The license number is the easiest way to look up the Designated Agent. Generally, searching by first and last name is the next quickest way to locate your Designated Agent registration.
- Once you’ve located the new Designated Agent, select the blue “Add”, then select the blue “OK” button.
- Select “Next”
- Select “Finish”
- Log out.
To register for a new account please go to the Contact Registration page with the following information:
- Name and address of the association;
- Secretary of State entity number and date of incorporation, type of entity (i.e. corporation);
- Type of home (i.e. condo, planned development or cooperative);
- Agent name, address ph# and email address; and
- if annual dues collected are more or less than $5000.
Contact the Program Assistant, Amanda Lopez at firstname.lastname@example.org for further assistance.
Log into HOA account
- You may email a request to reset your password to email@example.com
- If you are requesting an HOA account password reset, please include your HOA’s CO Secretary of State ID number in your request for validation purposes (you may search your HOA here for the ID number).
- You will receive a generic password.
- Once you log in, you should go to your profile and change the password to what you want.
Select “Online services” in the upper right corner and click on “Renew/Reinstate Your License” under Renew Your License.
Complete/confirm information in the questionnaire.
Once you have finished the questionnaire, you will need to click “Add to Invoice” to begin the fee payment process.
On the next screen, you will be able to submit payment. Click the green button “Pay Invoice” which will allow you to pay your fee by check or credit card.