In addition to the annual Secretary of State Registration, HOAs are required to register annually with the Colorado Division of Real Estate. An HOA that fails to register timely, renew or pay the required fee may be precluded from imposing or enforcing a lien for assessments.
The Colorado Common Interest Ownership Act (CCIOA), in section 38-33.3-401, C.R.S., mandates that all common interest communities register with the HOA Information and Resource Center, including those which were created before July 1, 1992.* This requirement became effective August 7, 2013.
- *Common interest communities which were created prior to July 1, 1992, are commonly referred to as Pre-CCIOA communities. “CCIOA” is the Colorado Common Interest Ownership Act, which became effective on July 1, 1992.
- Every HOA must renew their registration annually.
Only associations that have greater than $5,000 in annual revenue are required to pay the registration fee. Associations that have $5,000 or less in annual revenue are still required to register but do not have to pay the registration fee.
- The HOA Initial Registration Fee is $30. (This fee applies to any HOA registering for the first time.)
- The HOA Renewal Fee is $33. (This applies to any HOA that has been previously registered with the Division.)
- All fees are nonrefundable.
HOA Registration Troubleshooting & Resources
You have 90 days to update the HOA's account with your information.
To register for a new account please go to the Contact Registration page.
You will need the following information:
- Name and address of the association;
- Secretary of State entity number and date of incorporation, type of entity (i.e. corporation);
- Type of home (i.e. condo, planned development or cooperative);
- Agent name, address ph# and email address; and
- if annual dues collected are more or less than $5000.
For more information on creating an account please CLICK HERE
You may also contact the Program Assistant, Amanda Lopez at email@example.com for further assistance.
- Log in to the HOA’s e-licensing account.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and under the Employment/ License Status Updates header click on the Add/Remove Designated Agent Tab.
- Please follow the prompts.
- Please note if you do not have a Designated Agent (DA) account you must create one prior to adding yourself as the DA.
- For assistance in creating a Designated Agent account please contact Amanda Lopez at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Log in with your Login ID and password
- Go to Reminders > see Renew Now
- Click the box next to the HOA name indicating that is the HOA you want to renew.
- Go to the bottom of the page and find the gray box titled Renew, clicking on it will take you to the payment field.
- You will be prompted to agree about the payment and the credit card fee.