Broker Insurance Requirements

Every active real estate licensee, including licensed real estate companies with more than one broker, shall have in effect a policy of errors and omissions insurance to cover all acts requiring a license. Licensees can be covered under their company’s umbrella E&O policy.

The Division has contracted with Rice Insurance Services, LLC to administer the group E&O insurance program for real estate brokers.

Group E&O policies

Some licensed brokerage firms carry a group E&O policy that provides coverage to all brokers associated with that firm for the duration of their employment/association with that firm. Terminating employment with that brokerage firm may result in the need to purchase 'tail' coverage and a new individual E&O policy.

Was this Content Helpful?

Status message

×Don't include personal or financial information.