If you miss the December 31st renewal deadline, you may reinstate your license between January 1 and the last day of February.
- Renewal Period - November 1st to December 31st
- Your license expires on December 31st. You are not allowed to originate loans in Colorado if you fail to renew BOTH your Colorado license and NMLS registration prior to December 31st.
- Reinstatement Period - January 1st to Last Day of February
- If you fail to reinstate either your Colorado license and/or NMLS registration on or before the last day of February, you will be required to reapply for both the license and registration again.
- For details on the re-application process, contact both NMLS and the Colorado Division of Real Estate.
Steps for Renewal
Step 1: Pre-Renewal Compliance Items
You will be asked to attest to the following items during your Colorado license renewal process:
- Mortgage Loan Originator Continuing Education
- Surety Bond/E&O Updated and Active
- Contact Information Updated
Step 2: Renew Your NMLS Registration(s)
Step 3: Colorado Individual License Renewal
Step 4: Verify Your Information
Step 5: Renew Your License
Step 6: Save Your Renewal Confirmation Number
- The Division of Real Estate will not provide any additional payment confirmation.