What the HOA Center Does
- Provides information to homeowners regarding their basic rights and responsibilities under the Colorado Common Interest Ownership Act “CCIOA”.
- Gathers, analyzes, and reports information through complaints and HOA registrations.
- Creates resource materials.
- Provides education and forums.
- Provides a website with information for the public.
- Registers HOAs pursuant to §38-33.3-401(1) C.R.S.
- Provides an Annual Report to the Legislature.
What the HOA Center Does Not Do
- Act as a regulatory program.
- Does not mediate/arbitrate.
- Cannot provide legal advice.
- Does not act as an advocate.
- Cannot assess fines or penalties.
- Does not enforce an HOA’s failure to register.
Get Email Updates
The HOA Center is dedicated to providing Colorado consumers important information and resources through timely email blasts, informational publications, live webcast forums and monthly news updates. Please use the signup box below to receive HOA updates directly in your inbox.
Who We Are
Nick Altmann-HOA Information Officer
Nick is from Colorado and brings multiple years of work experience in both the public and private sectors dealing with regulatory and compliance-related issues to the HOA Information Officer position. As a native of the state, he remembers when the Broncos won back-to-back Super Bowls and a day of skiing wouldn’t break the bank.
As the HOA Center’s Information Officer, Nick strives to assist the public, homeowners, HOA board members, and the regulated community to understand their rights and responsibilities as it pertains to state law. Nick earned a B.A. in Philosophy from the University of Tennessee – Knoxville, and an MBA from CU-Denver specializing in Entrepreneurship.
In his spare time, he enjoys indoor wall climbing, Euchre, and falling down on his snowboard on large snowy mountains.
Amanda Lopez-HOA Program Assistant
As mandated by C.R.S. 12-10-801(3)(c), the HOA Information Center tracks inquiries and complaints and writes a report, on an annual basis, regarding the number and types of inquiries and complaints received.
Frequently Asked Questions for HOA Homeowners, Board members, and Other Interested Parties
As mandated by C.R.S. 12-10-801(3)(a)(IV), the HOA Information Center has compiled a list of "Frequently Asked Questions" and answers for homeowners, board members, and other interested parties, regarding living in and governing a common interest community. This is not an exhaustive list of every issue or concern that someone may encounter while living in or governing an HOA. It is intended to provide basic information regarding the rights and responsibilities of living in and governing an HOA, as provided by the Colorado Common Interest Ownership Act and the Colorado Revised Nonprofit Act. The answers provided are not intended to impart legal advice and any legal questions should be asked of a licensed attorney.